Assistanceforall is not affiliated to any company or firm and therefore we are a separate entity. We have no partnership with any of the mentioned company. Hence we do not sponsor or advertise any brand directly or indirectly.
Canon Printer Related Issues and Tips to Resolve them
Canon Printer Support feature under our printer support is to provide help regarding installation as well as other issues. Some issues and there fixes are given below:
Problem 1: Canon printer does not work in Windows 10
The first thing you need to do is to check if your Canon printer is switched on and connected to the PC in question. This may seem basic but it is surprisingly easy to overlook! If your printer is still not working, follow the steps set out below:
- Try running the printing Troubleshooter provided by Microsoft
- If that doesn’t solve the issue, it means that your printer may need new Printer Drivers. Check the printer manufacturer’s website for compatible Printer Drivers that will work with Windows 10.
Before installing the new Printer Drivers, you need to uninstall the printer by following the steps given below
- Open Start menu
- Click Devices and Printers
- Select your Canon Printer
- Select Remove Device from the top of the screen
- Reinstall the printer
- If Windows does not find a Driver, browse the printer manufacturer website for Drivers.
- Download the Driver and follow the instructions given by the printer manufacturer.
Alternatively you can get a Driver Update Tool to update the Drivers for you and keep them updated. To check for Driver Updates click here to run a free Drivers Scan of your PC.
Problem 2: No Windows 10 Printer Driver for your printer
Not all printer manufacturers are offering new Drivers that will work with Windows 10. In some cases, you might see the printer manufacturer has ended the support to the printer model you own. However, there is a way around this issue.
If your printer manufacturer is not offering Windows 10 compatible Printer Drivers, you can try Windows 8 Printer Drivers as they may work. In most cases, the Printer Driver is a .exe file. You need to uninstall the printer by starting from Step 4 above.
After you have removed the printer, you need to click on .exe Driver file and install the Printer Driver.
Problem 3: Printer is detected but you don’t have the Driver for the older printer
If your printer is detected after the upgrade, you need to follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer. When Windows 10 scans for connected devices, it will give you a few options if it does not find any Drivers. Here are the steps you need to follow
- Click the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option. (Since we are adding a local printer, we will not discuss Network printer’s options that Windows gives you.)
- Select the option that says “My printer is a little older. Help me find it.”
- Click Next
- Windows 10 will now again search for the connected printer and hopefully install the printer using compatible Drivers in its database.
Disclaimer: Assistanceforall is not affiliated to any company or firm and therefore we are a separate entity. Our main aspiration is to provide technical support and guidance for issues pertinent to software in desktop, laptop and its peripherals. We do not have authority over other brand names, trademark, logos and companies mentioned on this website are solely for representational purposes and belong to respective owners. We have no partnership with any of the mentioned company. Hence we do not sponsor or advertise any brand directly or indirectly. Connect with us in order to be served by one of our tech experts for advice. We ensure you confidence in us because we believe in the progressive realization of our successful targets.